OBJECTS OF STRATFORD & FRESHWATER COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC
(as set out in the Rules)
- To promote and advance the amenity of Stratford and Freshwater and the interests thereof and of the residents of these suburbs.
- To preserve the forested hillslopes and waterways of Mt Whitfield which form the backdrop to Stratford and Freshwater, and to preserve the rural outlook across the Barron River delta.
- To preserve the established character of Stratford, being older Queenslander-style detached housing, relatively narrow streets and pockets of vegetation along numerous gullies.
- Similarly, to preserve the existing character of Freshwater with its remaining areas of older Queenslander-style housing, relatively narrow streets and primarily detached dwellings, and to support the reduction of existing higher density areas.
- To encourage the preservation of the flood plain and rural or community use of land bordering Freshwater Creek and the Barron River.
- To promote community cohesiveness and cooperation and the discrete village atmosphere of both suburbs.
- To ensure the preservation and presentation of sites with historical and heritage values.
- To promote existing and future recreational and cultural facilities and opportunities for the residents of Stratford and Freshwater.
- To promote the involvement of all levels of government to achieve the objectives of the Association.
- To hold and conduct activities for the purpose of advancing the objectives of the Association.
- To raise funds to further the objectives of the Association.